What is a T.E.A.M. folder?
It is a folder that houses EVERYTHING students and parents need to stay informed about what is going on at school. No more wrinkled papers in the bottom of the backpack, lost notes, newsletters, or calendars! No more lost money and no more searching the house for paper to write the teach a note- everything is organized in this one folder.
Why is it important to have a T.E.A.M. folder?
It is important to have a T.E.A.M. folder to help students establish good organizational skills during the first years of school. The T.E.A.M. folder will come home every day so it is the parents’ and students’ responsibility to look through it each day to see what is going on in second grade!
How do I use the T.E.A.M. folder?
· The folder pockets will transport important papers to and from school.
- Front pocket (Homework/VIP)-This pocket will contain weekly homework, any incompleted classwork that needs to be finished, as well as Very Important Papers such as Progress Reports, conference forms, Report Cards, etc.
- Back pocket (Leave at Home)-This pocket will contain any papers that need to be left at home.
· Zippered Pouch- this will be used to send money and written notes between the parents and teacher. Examples: changes in how the student will be going home, absent/doctor’s notes, etc. Also, and checks or money for lunch, book orders, etc., should be placed in here as well. Please make sure that a note is written along with the money stating what it is for. Check this pouch daily.
· Cougar Playbook (weekly newsletter) - This is located behind the zipper pouch in a page protector. The newsletter will include:
- Event dates- important dates of upcoming events/tests/due dates, etc.
- News-important news or announcements you need to know of
- Slam Dunk Spelling- a list of that week’s spelling words and when the test will occur
- Game Plan- what we will be learning for the week
- Teacher contact information
· Reading Log- located behind the Newsletter; is used to keep track of the student’s reading at home. Fill out the log nightly. Once the log is fully completed, it will be turned in for a prize and a new, blank log will be put in its place. After your child completes 6 logs, he/she will be invited to a reading party in the library at the end of the year!
· 2nd Grade Helper- behind the reading log; is a reference sheet you and your child can refer to if needed while working on homework or classwork.
If you have any further questions, please let me know!